Wednesday, June 27, 2012

LANA DEL REY - NATIONAL ANTHEM


Alrighty,

So I have always loved my Lana, and her videos have always stunned me.

I gotta say, I haven't ever been particularly fascinated by JFK and Jackieand that whole situation, but I like the visuals this video is sending. I'm all for her style- the Old Hollywood, vixen goddess thing. I love the characters blurring the lines in this vid. I like asking myself why the video was made this way.

 But I just kept asking myself: wtf is A$AP Rocky doing here?  It just doesn't make sense to feature him in the video if he isn't performing or anything. I really haven't been impressed with his songs. Could he have at least added some lines in?

Also, I'm kinda tired of the whole Lana and _______, tortured relationship stuff. Let's have JUST Lana- no men! Honestly, I feel like the guys in the vids just distract from her too much.

Nice try, I guess. But major style props.


No comments:

Post a Comment