Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Reading! 2012

Do you guys ever start more than one book at a time and then wonder why the fuck you did that?

In my case, it's 4 books at once. And to prove I'm really reading them, I'll list what page I'm up to. It's ridiculous.

Check out what I plan on finishing before Labor Day!

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Page 11 out of 213
I like it so far; pretty cerebral stuff. It's kind of a dark read, but then again I enjoyed The Bell Jar last summer. Always been curious after seeing the movie so many times. I have to say, Burgess' writing style is pretty interesting, and I am interested in reading more of it.


The End of Fashion by Teri Agins
Page 84 out of 285
Of course I love a good "spill-the-beans" or "behind-the-scenes" fashion industry book, and I've been curious about Teri Agins for a while now so this book is a win-win. I first heard her speak at the Handbag Designer 101 Workshop I volunteered at last year. She's so well-spoken, and I really learned a lot from her.
 Very cool if you're into fashion history or marketing. And I really love Agins writing style.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
To be started soon.
I've been wanting to read the book since seeing the movie, but haven't started as of yet. Probably will today though! I'll probably love it anyways.
Plus, I love annoying my sister and asking"oh, so it'll be like Twilight?"
Her reaction is always the greatest teenager anger fit.

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
272 pages out of 327

Having read every other Sookie Stackhouse novel, this was a given buy for me. I've been trying to savor it for as long as I can, since I feel like every day I don't read it, is a day closer to the next novel's release.
Oh my god, that's how drug users must think about drugs....

Okay, you get the point. Of course it's an awesome book as were all the others. I just want more Eric and Sookie action. Dammit, Charlaine!



No comments:

Post a Comment